Letting agents and property management
Here are some links to examples of high profile cases taken by London Trading Standards relating to landlords and letting agents.
- Southwark landlord who kept quiet about planning notice convicted for unfair trading offences
- Westminster repeat fraudster jailed
- Islington wins innovative consumer rights case over sham tenancy agreements
- Camden wins groundbreaking admin fees appeal against Foxtons
- Southwark landlord and linked agent convicted for false claims and professional diligence offences
- Tower Hamlets letting agent bait and switch scam results in massive fine
- Islington investigation results in jail time for fraudulent letting agents
Remember you can check the Mayor of London Rogue Landlord and Agent Checker – a tool unique to London which lists enforcement action taken by London Boroughs against landlords and letting agents, helping people to avoid using them.