London Trading Standards (LTS) represents the 33 Local Authority Trading Standards services in the London Region. We share information and awareness campaigns across the capital to protect consumers and safeguard legitimate enterprise.
The benefits of working together and co-ordination across the region includes raising the profile of Trading Standards and saving our members money.
Our members advise on and enforce laws that govern the way we buy, sell, rent and hire goods and services. We carry out inspections and monitor or investigate complaints. We endeavour to work with businesses to help achieve compliance but ultimately we can prosecute those who break the law.
Together LTS tackles a wide range of issues including; product safety, doorstep crime and scams, underage sales, counterfeit goods and unfair trading.
In 2020-21 our work took a dramatic shift towards enforcement of emergency legislation made under the Public Health (Control of Disease) Act 1984 made in response to the serious and imminent threat to public health being posed by COVID-19.
Trading standards are playing a leading role in the enforcement of local business restrictions and closures during the lockdown periods as well as continuing with consumer protection work relating to scams, travel and event cancellations and unsafe PPE and sub-standard sanitisers being placed on the market.
Leaving the EU will also impact on our work as product safety and standards, labelling and other rules will all be affected.
To find out more about each local service select your borough from the list below.
London Boroughs which are members of London Trading Standards
- Royal Borough of Greenwich
- London Borough of Hackney
- London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham
- London Borough of Haringey
- London Borough of Harrow
- London Borough of Havering
- London Borough of Hillingdon
- London Borough of Hounslow
- London Borough of Islington
- Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea
- Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames
- London Borough of Lambeth
- London Borough of Lewisham
- London Borough of Merton
- London Borough of Richmond upon Thames
- London Borough of Newham
- London Borough of Redbridge
- London Borough of Southwark
- London Borough of Sutton
- London Borough of Tower Hamlets
- London Borough of Waltham Forest
- London Borough of Wandsworth
The London Trading Standards Association Community Interest Company. Registered in England - Company number 06377916